The Environmental Design Partnership, LLP (EDP), is a thirty member, multi-disciplinary consulting firm established in 1977. Our main office is located in Clifton Park, New York, with a branch office in Glens Falls, New York.
EDP specializes in consulting related to the practice of civil engineering, landscape architecture, and land surveying. Our staff includes professional engineers, landscape architects, land surveyors, and environmental analysts.
We have an immediate opportunity for an entry-level Civil Engineer to join our Civil Engineering Services team in our Clifton Park office. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest in civil and environmental engineering and land planning. As the successful new hire, you will be tasked with designing and permitting residential, commercial, institutional, and municipal projects of varying scope and scale. Individuals must possess a strong work ethic and a professional demeanor. Candidate must be willing to perform both office and field work.
Abilities and Responsibilities:
- Work in a team environment on various projects and tasks, including: storm water, water, sanitary sewer, recreational facilities, plan reviews and site development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects so as to be completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop reports and preliminary concepts
- Resolving design and construction issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Passed Part I of the Professional Engineering Exam. Or willingness to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- One to Three years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and MS Office